FIANO DI AVELLINO DOCG
FIANO DI AVELLINO DOCG
Fiano di Avellino Terre D'Aione , a white wine that is characterized by its elegance and aromatic complexity, representing an enological excellence of Campania.
Terre D'Aione's Fiano Di Avellino DOCG is made primarily with Fiano grapes , a native variety of the area surrounding Avellino, Campania.
Denomination: Fiano di Avellino DOCG
Grape variety: 100% Fiano di Avellino.
Vineyard location: the production areas of Fiano Di Avellino DOCG are in the province of Avellino and are on medium hills, in particular in the municipality of Lapio, a small village in the Valle del Calore, which is still today considered in many ways as its land of election and hosts about a fifth of the vineyard area.
Vineyard exposure and altitude: east from about 300 to over 600 meters above sea level
Nature of the soil: clayey-limestone with volcanic elements, looser in some areas, more tenacious and compact in others, even on rock in still other sites.
Vine training: espalier with guyot pruning.
Plant density: 3 hectares.
Surface: 25 years.
Average age of the vine: 25 years.
Yield per hectare: 80q.
Vinification techniques: produced with hand-picked and selected grapes. After the soft pressing of the grapes, the fermentation takes place in steel tanks at a controlled temperature of 16-18°C. The wine ages in steel tanks on its lees before being bottled.
- First vintage produced: 2008
- Pairing : it can be tasted first of all with dishes based on crustaceans and molluscs , but also with soups and soups based on legumes, vegetables and grilled white meats . It also goes well with hard cheeses, light appetizers and vegetable-based first courses.
- Serving temperature: 10/12°C .
- Tasting: take care and be patient when uncorking the bottle half an hour before tasting to favor the oxygenation of any reduction notes due to the winemaking process.
To best appreciate it, use preferably a medium-sized goblet, with a sufficiently large light, to favor the diffusion of the perfumes.
"These are just suggestions but it is important to underline that wine tasting is a completely subjective experience. Follow your personal tastes and enjoy YOUR journey to discover our Fiano Di Avellino."
- Colour: Straw yellow with greenish reflections.
- Bouquet: Complex aromatic bouquet with predominant notes of white-fleshed fruit such as pear and melon, accompanied by hints of citrus, white flowers and aromatic herbs.
- Taste: Dry wine, enveloping and soft on the palate, with a good structure and pleasant acidity. Notes of ripe fruit such as peach and apple, with nuances of almonds and minerals.
- Body and structure: It has a medium body.
- Storage: Lends itself well to ageing, developing greater complexity and structure over the years. It is advisable to keep it in a cool and dark place, away from sources of heat and excessive light, in a horizontal position to ensure maximum conservation.
Fiano Di Avellino D.O.C.G.
Pair large text with an image to give focus to your chosen product, collection, or blog post. Add details on availability, style, or even provide a review.